Our location is superb, only 20 minutes’ drive from the airport and you can be in the pool! We are nestled in the hills with stunning panoramic views of the Adriatic Sea, the local restaurant in the village is a 2 minute walk and cooks wonderful traditional Dalmatian fare. Minutes away from the villa, is the Dubrovnik cable car with direct access into the Old City and the location of Game of Thrones. The villa is also perfectly placed to visit Montenegro and the Mostar Bridge in Bosnia as day trips. We do recommend car hire for our location but if you would rather not hire a car the local bus service is very frequent & efficient & you can be in Dubrovnik old walled city in 20 minutes. We also arrange minibus or taxi packages for transfers from the airport and into the city on a regular basis.
Directions to Villa Sunrise
Hrvatskih Branitelja 31
Gornji Brgat, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Villa Sunrise is managed by Renato Marlais who will meet you at the Villa on your arrival.
Please telephone him when you arrive at the airport to confirm your arrival time at the property. (The Villa is approx a 20 minute journey from Dubrovnik airport)
Driving from Dubrovnik Airport
The journey from Dubrovnik Airport to the villa is roughly a 20-minute drive. We suggest you pick up a road map from the car hire kiosk when you pick up your car at Dubrovnik Airport - they should be provided free of charge.
- Turn right out of the Airport – follow signs to Dubrovnik (road name E-65)
- Stick to the main road. You will pass the town of Cavtat and then drive through the towns of Plat, Mlini, Srebeno and Kupari
- As you pass through Kupari you will drive up a hill where the road bends to the left, you will pass a right hand turning to the supermarket “Konzum”.
- Slow down and prepare to turn right at the next turning after the Konzum turning. TURN RIGHT into the road signposted “Brgat Gornji 3 km”
- This road passes a quarry and bends round to the right. Keep left as the road splits in two after the quarry and follow the road uphill. (Do not go right to Brgat Donji)
- After approx. 1km, you reach the crest of a hill with a church visible ahead and a roundabout.
- Take the last (third) exit on the roundabout which is a small lane leading into the village of Gornji Brgat. Right takes you to Bosnia & straight on takes you to the harbour.
- The lane takes you up through the village and the road bears right and then left. After approx 300m up the lane on the left hand side are lots of conifer trees on a hill, immediately afterwards the road opens up and on your left behind you is a big white building with a pool – this is Villa Sunrise, be careful not to drive past!
The road splits just past the villa – the right hand fork is a dead end and the left hand fork takes you to Fort Srdg and the Cable Car station.
Driving from Split
- Drive south from the airport and follow signs to Dubrovnik (Highway 8, this then turns into Highway E65 after Makarska)
- As you approach Dubrovnik you will see a large bridge crossing the estuary.
- Go over the bridge and continue in the direction of Dubrovnik Airport
- Just before the town of Kupari take a left turn towards Brgat Gornji.
- Follow directions from point 5 above from here…
Many flight operators fly directly into Dubrovnik Airport and you can search for a flight from your home city using SkyScanner.
It is also possible to fly to Split airport with some of the budget airlines and it is then a beautiful 3 hour drive on a modern motorway and coastal road to Dubrovnik.